‘Face to Face with Rick Wakeman‘
By Dan Wooding, Founder of ASSIST Ministries
LONDON, UK (ANS) -- As rock keyboard legend is preparing for his epic The Six Wives of Henry VIII concert at Hampton Court Palace on May 1st & 2nd 2009, he has also been lining up some of the greats of British and American rock for a new TV series.
Norma and Dan Wooding with Rick Wakeman during a visit he made to Southern California
According to his web site (www.rwcc.com), Rick has been pre-recording a new music talk show called Rick Wakeman - Face To Face. Rock fans all over the world can enjoy www.rockondigital.com and access the weekly ON AIR shows including Rick's Face To Face.
Rick Wakeman - Face To Face Episodes Include:
* Rod Argent & Colin Blunstone (The Zombies)
* Bruce Welch (The Shadows)
* Hugh Cornwell (The Stranglers)
* Jeff Wayne (War Of The Worlds)
* Justin Hawkins (The Darkness & Hot Leg)
* Rob Halford & Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest)
* Jon Lord (Deep Purple, Whitesnake & More)
* Jazz & Blues Legend Chris Barber
* Brian Bennett (The Shadows)
* Whispering Bob Harris (Old Grey Whistle Test & Radio DJ)
* Andy Fairweather-Low (Amen Corner, Eric Clapton's Band & More)
* Brian May (Queen)
* Dave Cousins (The Strawbs)
* Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
* Neil Innes (Bonzo Dog, Monty Python Music & The Rutles)
* Roger Chapman (Family)
* Phil Manzanera (Roxy Music & More)
* Snowy White (Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy & More)
* Steve Harley (Cockney Rebel)
* Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy)
* The 5th Dimension Jerry Donahue (Fairport Convention, Fotheringay & The Gathering)
* Dennis Locorriere (The Voice of Dr. Hook)
* Biff Byford (Saxon)
Back to Six Wives
In 1972, Rick released one of the most iconic albums of all time, The Six Wives of Henry VIII. The album was a massive success all over the world and to date has sold more than 15,000,000 copies on both vinyl and CD.
Amazingly, the music has never been performed in its entirety but all that is about to change. On 1st and 2nd May, The Six Wives of Henry VIII will be performed in spectacular style on Hampton Court Palace's West Front, to a limited audience of 5000 for each performance.
On stage, performing with Rick, will be an expanded band, The English Chamber Choir, an orchestra and the narrator will be none other than British actor Brian Blessed. There will also be dancers and side film screens.
In addition to The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Rick has also composed three additional pieces to perform that evening; Tudor Overture, Defender of the Faith and Tudor Rock.
Tickets for the Hampton Court concert are now available at www.ticketline.co.uk/search/
Note: Dan Wooding and Rick Wakeman have been close friends now for about 40 years and Dan wrote Rick's authorized biography, Rick Wakeman - The Caped Crusader, which carried a foreword by Elton John. Rick, himself a committed Christian, has performer several benefit concerts for ASSIST which was founded by Dan and Norma Wooding.
Dan Wooding, 68, is an award winning British journalist now living in Southern California with his wife Norma of 45 years. He is the founder and international director of ASSIST (Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times) and the ASSIST News Service (ANS); and US Bureau Chief for the Missionaries News Service (www.missionariesnews.tv) and Safe Worlds IPTV's Faith, Hope and Charity channel. He was, for ten years, a commentator, on the UPI Radio Network in Washington, DC., and now hosts the weekly "Front Page Radio" show on KWVE in Southern California and which is also carried on the Calvary Radio Network throughout the United States. The program is also aired in Great Britain on UCB UK and Calvary Chapel Radio UK. Wooding is the author of some 42 books, the latest of which is his autobiography, "From Tabloid to Truth", which is published by Theatron Books. To order a copy, go to www.fromtabloid totruth.com. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
** You may republish this story with proper attribution.
>> 100+ rare Beach Boys videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/BB45s
>> Type keywords in the Search box above
>> Visit http://www.PrayForSurf.net for more "stuff"